You don’t need a reason to help people. Let’s remember to always be kind to one another, as it isn’t always apparent on the outside what struggles others may be facing are on the inside.
Here are a few suggestions on how to share a little more kindness today.
- Smile and make someone’s day a little sweeter.
- Just listen.
- Offer a hug or embrace.
- Send out a kind email or card.
- Give someone a genuine compliment.
- Help clean up, without being asked, help someone out in a practical way.
- Hold open the door for the person behind you.
- Encourage a friend or family member when they are uncertain or unmotivated.
- Strike up a conversation with a stranger.
- Let someone into your lane while driving.
- Pay for the person behind you in line.
- Give your time to a friend or someone who needs it.
- Say Thank You and Please every day without fail.
- Say “I love you” a little more often to your family and friends.
- Pause before you speak, and choose words with positive intention.
- Help someone get some rest (watch their kids, run an errand, bring them dinner, etc).
- Pick up litter you see thrown about even if it’s not yours.
- Refrain from complaining.
- Gift something meaningful to someone: loan a book, bring flowers, drop off cookies, whatever suits your fancy.
- Make a donation to your favorite non-profit.
Let’s be more active in our efforts not because we have to, but because we want to. And not even because others have been kind to us, but because being nice is the way of the heart.
Kindness is always a choice.
The more conditioned we are to respond with kindness, the more natural it becomes. It is on purpose with purpose. Today, join me in starting a kindness movement, and together we can make a difference.
In which ways do you try to show kindness every day?