There are many ways to get involved in positive social change around the world. However, you might not have spare time and it can be overwhelming to find a sustainable and trustworthy venture to invest in. Well, we have a solution for you. Here are five ways to fight poverty using your mobile device.
1. Learn more about the Mentors International mission Mentors International is focused on making a lasting difference in your life by allowing you the opportunity to serve those in extreme poverty. Mentors International aims to help millions around the world move from poverty to sustainable self-reliance through connection to funds and resources including a personal mentor. On our website, you can meet entrepreneurs worldwide, read our story and follow our blog.
2. Share Mentors International’s content through social media When you love something, share it! By following Mentors International on social media you will find more opportunities to share stories, videos, pictures and your own related content. Sharing content on Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube can be a great way to spread the word and help others get involved.
3. Find volunteer opportunities Become a Mentors volunteer. Join Mentors Expeditioners and see the action first hand in places such as Ghana, the Philippines or Guatemala. Joining Mentors Expeditioners will allow you to meet our clients and staff as well as enjoy structured travel.
4. Donate With Mentors International, every dollar counts. Mentors International uses funds to effectively alleviate individuals from poverty by providing microloans as well as connecting clients to necessary resources to create a sustainable business. With our perpetual model, your dollar will keep giving as individuals repay their loans at a reasonable interest rate.
5. Join the Mentors community share your story Join the Mentors community and receive our e-newsletter. Then share with us your story and how getting involved has affected you!